"Just Ahead ~ Premium Fuel" . . . this is what the billboard read. When I saw McDonald's golden arches right next to this, I laughed out loud! RIGHT!!! McDonald's foods are "Premium Fuel???" Since when???
My last post discussed how our bodies (like cars) need fuel to keep going, and how we need to consider the QUALITY of the foods we are putting in our bodies. We need to treat our bodies BETTER than our cars! Now, to give McDonald's a little bit of credit, perhaps some of their salads could be considered "Premium Fuel," but let's be honest. 95% of their menu is high-calorie, high-fat, high-sodium, LOW-NUTRIENT food!!! This is NOT "Premium Fuel!"
I often find it curious when I'm working with a potential customer, and they say to me, "Well, before I start on this Herbalife stuff, I need to check with my doctor to see if it's OK." . . . hmmm . . . Sometimes I'll respond, "OK, I understand. But let me ask you this: do you check with your doctor before you go eat at McDonald's??? Because our products are a LOT healthier for you than McDonald's!!!" Often, they don't know what to say to that . . . if they would be honest with themselves, they would admit that this "checking-with-their-doctor-thing" is just an excuse because they are not ready to commit to a healthier lifestyle or they don't see that they are worth the investment of money to create that healthier body for themselves. And that's OK -- if they're not ready, they're not ready! I just wish that they would be honest with themselves AND me!
WHEN will we realize that WE TRULY ARE WHAT WE EAT??? HOW are our bodies supposed to repair themselves when most of the fuel/food we give them, is just junk? WHEN will we realize that WE ONLY HAVE ONE BODY, and that it's a lot more effective and a lot cheaper to maintain and take care of our bodies rather than try to "fix" them after decades of abuse? It's time to take RESPONSIBILITY for our health instead of making EXCUSES or blaming our family history or DNA; DAILY we have the CHOICE of how we treat our bodies! And when we are ready to be honest with ourselves and take resposibility for where we are at and how we got there, THAT is when true change can happen!
To your health!
On another note, please understand that I am not saying that we can NEVER enjoy ice cream or a cheeseburger! But we need to keep MODERATION in mind when we are FUELING our bodies!!!
ReplyDelete